Ground Rules for Participation
I have the right to…
- Expect that meetings will start and end on time.
- Express my ideas and be heard.
- Expect what I share will stay in the room.
- To speak without interruption.
- Receive information from others.
- Know at least the first names of meeting participants.
- Decline to answer personal questions.
- Attend meetings in an environment free from alcohol, drugs, or weapons.
- Enjoy alcohol responsibly during social events.
I have the responsibility to…
- Give others adequate opportunity to speak.
- Give thoughtful consideration to the ideas of others.
- Not repeat details of the meeting without the consent of the persons involved.
- Respect the privacy of members and not out them as members of the group online or in public spaces.
- Listen, be open-minded, and judge the words and thoughts, not the person speaking.
- Respect the opinions of others.
- Agree to disagree when opinions differ.
- Foster a civilized level of interaction.
- Correct inconsistent or inaccurate information.
- Notify others in the group if alcohol, drugs, or weapons are present at a meeting.
- Abide by all applicable local, state, and federal laws while at TransIndy meetings and social events.